Step By Step Guide to Our Memorial Service
At point of contact with one of our memorial advisors, you will be asked for the following details:
- Customer contact details – Name, address, email, telephone number
- Name of cemetery
- Grave owner – This is the person who holds the deeds for the plot. In some cases this can be more than 1 person.
- Grave number – This can be found on the deeds.
- Name of deceased
- We require the above information as we will have to apply for permission to erect a memorial at the Cemetery. The Grave Owner will sign the relevant documents which will be supplied by Vokes & Beck. Our Advisor will look into the charge for the application which varies from Council to Council.
Our advisor will then ask you for details of the memorial:
- Our Product code from our website or brochure
- Size of memorial
- Colour of inscription
- If there is space for further inscription on the memorial
- Flower containers – how many and placement on memorial
- If a photo plaque is required
- If any designs are required
- If it’s a traditional memorial, the type of interior i.e. cover slab, soil or chippings and colour
- If the memorial you require is not shown in our brochure or website, please enquire further for bespoke memorials supplying the information above from section 1 and 2.
We can also alter our memorials to meet your special requests.
After receiving information from you:
All documents must then be returned to our office at Vokes & Beck Marble & Granite Ltd, The Old Dairy, North Winchester Farm, Stoke Charity Road,
Kingsworthy, Winchester, Hampshire, SO21 2RP
- We will contact the cemetery to confirm grave ownership, cemetery fees and ensure your memorial complies with their rules & regulations.
- We will then contact you with the total cost. All of our fees include fixing and VAT.
- There may also be an area surcharge fee depending on where the memorial is to be erected.
- A deposit of 50% plus permit fee is required.
- Payment may be paid by bank transfer, cash or cheque.
- Upon receipt of your deposit we will prepare all the relevant paperwork.
- Order confirmation
- Proof Layout of inscription
- Permit application for Grave Owners signature
- The paperwork process is approximately 7-10 days from receipt of deposit.
- All paperwork will then be sent to you by post.
- You will be required to check the paperwork thoroughly and sign where required.
Once we receive the documents back from you checked and signed:
- Our advisor will then submit the permit application to the relevant Council along with payment from Vokes & Beck.
- The memorial will be ordered or made in our workshop.
- When the memorial is complete we will contact you, final payment will become due.
- The whole process from start to finish is approximately 12-16 weeks.